Refuse collections will take place on bank holiday Monday (3 May) as waste crews will be working a full day collecting green/grey bins.
The industrial action in which members of the trade union, Unite are currently taking part does not include the bank holiday. This means a full refuse collection will take place that day.
On Monday, crews will be covering their usual refuse rounds as well as catching up on any refuse bins not collected on Thursday and Friday. Residents are advised to put their green/grey bin out on the usual day and leave them out until refuse has been collected
During the ongoing strike action:
- collection of general household waste in the green/grey bin will be prioritised
- residents should put all food waste and smaller items of garden waste in with general waste
- recycling will not be collected and residents are asked to rinse out and compress recycling as much as they can in the blue recycling bin to ensure recycling waste is contained as much as possible
- residents should present their household waste on their normal day of the week for collection
- details of the household waste drop-off points can be found at thurrock.gov.uk/bins-notice, including the 3 sites that will open on Saturday 1 May