We have suspended all parking charges for NHS workers and other visiting staff carrying out vital work in relation to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Penalties will not be issued – nor enforced, if issued inadvertently – to anyone who parked safely without causing obstruction on crossings and zig-zags or restricted areas, if they can show they work for the NHS.
Parking zones and parking bays
If you are a business owner living or working in the Grays town centre or Stanford-le-Hope controlled parking zones or any parking permit area, you may be eligible to apply for a parking permit to enable you to park in one of these zones or areas.
This permit allows you to park your vehicle:
- in a permit holders-only bay within the relevant zone or area
- in a shared-use parking bay – this is a bay where resident parking permit holders and motorists displaying a valid pay-and-display ticket can park
- at the location for which you have a Thurrock Council permit to carry out works, as long as you don't cause a parking obstruction
Business parking permits are issued for 1 month, 6 months or 1 year. The charges are:
|Business parking permit for 1 month||£40|
|Business parking permit for 6 months||£200|
|Business parking permit for 1 year||£360|
Applications and renewals must be supported by:
- proof of business address – your business rates bill
- proof of company employment
- vehicle registration document
- proof of works to be undertaken – a works permit from Thurrock Council
Apply for a 6-month or 1-year business parking permit
You can apply online for a 6-month or 1-year business parking permit below.
The application form will ask you to upload images that show:
- proof of your employment by the company
- a national non-domestic rates (NNDR) bill for the company
You can upload these images direct from your own computer or smartphone. If you are applying from a self-service computer at our Civic Offices in New Road, Grays, you can upload your image from our self-service scanner.
We normally process applications within 2 weeks of receipt.
Apply for a 1-month business parking permit
Monthly business parking permits are available for these zones in respect of vehicles owned, managed or used by the business. These permits are solely for enabling temporary works to be carried out on properties in the Grays town centre or Stanford-le-Hope controlled parking zones, any permit parking area or the works permit location.
You can apply for a temporary business parking permit using the form below.
Business parking permit application form
Forms can be returned by post, and will normally be processed within 2 weeks of receipt.