Parking zones and parking bays

Coronavirus (COVID-19) – parking

We have suspended all parking charges for NHS workers and other visiting staff carrying out vital work in relation to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Penalties will not be issued – nor enforced, if issued inadvertently – to anyone who parked safely without causing obstruction on crossings and zig-zags or restricted areas, if they can show they work for the NHS.

Carers parking permits

If you live in a resident parking zone and need home visits from a carer, or more than one carer, you can apply for a carers parking permit.

Carers parking permits are free. You may apply for only 1 per household, using the form below.

Applications must be supported by:

  • proof of residency – a recent (last 3 months) bank statement, utility bill, council tax bill or rent card
  • proof of care – receipt of direct payments for care, or confirmation from a GP of receipt of care

If you don't receive care through Thurrock Council, you must also provide:

  • a letter confirming you need home visits from your care provider – this must be from your doctor (GP) or a healthcare specialist – dated within 3 months
  • a welfare benefit entitlement letter confirming you receive the care component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Forms can be returned by post and will normally be processed within 2 weeks of receipt.