A controlled parking zone (CPZ) is an area in which all space along the kerb is controlled either by waiting or loading restrictions, or by designated parking spaces.
A permit parking area (PPA) is an area of residential streets where parking is reserved for permit holders – a sign at the entrance to the street will show that parking is for permit holders only. PPAs may not have signs or bay markings within them. Sometimes there may be small plates to remind motorists of the controls in place.
CPZs and PPAs are often used where there is high demand for parking spaces. They give priority to residents, and offer short-term parking for shoppers and visitors. CPZs and PPAs in Thurrock are:
- Grays town centre CPZ – split into 6 sub-zones
- Tilbury CPZ
- Purfleet PPA
- South Ockendon PPA
- Stanford-le-Hope PPA
We provide parking permits to eligible residents, businesses, healthcare professionals and council contractors for the CPZ in Grays, and the PPAs in South Ockendon and Stanford-le-Hope.
To find out more and apply for each permit type, go to:
- resident parking permits
- visitor parking permits
- business parking permits
- NHS parking permits
- contractor parking permits
When applying for any permit, be aware that:
- parking permits must not be transferred or resold
- anyone who knowingly makes a false statement to obtain a parking permit, or who sells a parking permit to someone else, may have their permit revoked
- we do not send reminder letters before parking permits expire