Our fairer charging policy covers all adult social care services that we provide. It is based on government guidance – go to GOV.UK: charging arrangements for adult social care services.
The fairer charging policy includes:
- personal care and support
- home care
- day care, including includes all day centres
- supported living
- Direct Payments
- Personal Budgets
- Individual Service Funds
These services are covered, even if part of a Personal Budget or Individual Service Fund.
The policy does not include the following, which will continue to be provided free of charge:
- residential intermediate care services for a maximum of 6 weeks
- reablement services for a maximum of 6 weeks
- community equipment and minor adaptations
- needs and financial assessments for community care services
- information and advice
- some services for carers
- after-care services when you leave hospital under Section 117 of the Mental Health Act
The following services are included in this policy:
- residential carer support services
- respite services
Your contribution towards charges will be based on what you can reasonably afford to pay, not on how many services you receive.