As a private landlord, you can benefit from letting your property to people who have registered to join our housing waiting list.
Our private landlord incentive scheme (PLIS) is available to private landlords and managing agents within Thurrock and surrounding areas.
Options and incentives
The scheme offers landlords a choice of 2 incentive packages for taking tenants that we nominate and vet for assured shorthold tenancies of 12 to 24 months.
Option 1 includes:
- a one-off payment of either £1,000 for a 12-month tenancy or £1,500 for a 24-month tenancy in a 1-bedroom property, rising to £1,100 for 12-months or £1,600 for 24-months in a 2-bedroom property
- a deposit bond equal to 1 month's rent to cover damages
- free registration and membership of the UK Landlord Accreditation Partnership
Option 2 includes:
- reimbursement of the cost of gas and electrical certificates
- 1 month’s rent in advance
- a bond agreement equal to 1 month’s rent to cover damages
- a bond agreement equal to 1 month's rent to cover rent arrears
In addition, both Option 1 and Option 2 include:
- a guarantee that we will pay your rent for a 2 weeks – or until we find you another tenant, if less than 2 weeks – if our tenant leaves your property
- a contribution of £300 towards landlord's insurance
- a tenant's right to rent assessment – go to GOV.UK: tenant's right to rent
- a health and safety inspection – go to GOV.UK: housing health and safety rating system
If you choose to work with us, we will:
- help you find tenants for your property
- offer you dedicated support for tenancy-related matters
- advise you on housing benefit-related matters
We offer a professional service without agency fees.
To qualify for the scheme your property must be available for at least 12 months on an assured shorthold tenancy agreement, and you must be able to provide:
- proof of ownership
- an energy performance certificate
- a gas safety certificate
- an electrical safety certificate
If you are a private landlord or managing agent, you can express your interest in this scheme using our 'request a service' form below.
We will be happy to discuss the best option for you.