Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 37, 2018
A1090 Purfleet By-Pass, Purfleet
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along A1090 Purfleet By-Pass between Meads Roundabout and the Junction at North Road, Purfleet.
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to install traffic signals.
3) The alternative route for south-easterly bound vehicles is the A1306 Arterial Road; junction 31 with M25 and Stonehouse Lane, and for north-westerly bound vehicles vice versa. Access will be maintained at all times for businesses and residents along the A1090 Purfleet By-Pass.
4) The Order will come into force on Tuesday 29 May 2018 through to Wednesday 4 July 2018 between the times of 21:00hrs and 05:00hrs. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within six weeks, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.