Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 87, 2018
A126 Northbound, Lakeside Link
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
Prohibit any vehicle from travelling northbound along A126 beneath the Chafford Hundred footbridge.
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable maintenance works to the footbridge.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is to exit the A126 from the slip road that leads down to the roundabout at the bottom of Fenner Road and then re-enter the A126 from the 3rd exit off the roundabout.
4) The Order will come into force on Wednesday 8 August 2018 until Saturday 11 August 2018 between the times of 23:00hrs and 05:00hrs. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.