Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 066, 2023
A126, West Thurrock
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along the A126 northbound from the off-slip to Fenner Road roundabout
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along the A126 on-slip from Fenner Road roundabout
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable installation of cameras on the A13 entry slip westbound.
3) The alternative route will be Fenner Road roundabout, A126 southbound, Lancaster Roundabout, B186 West Thurrock Way, West Thurrock Way roundabout, A1306 Arterial Road westbound, Arterial Road Roundabout (junction 31), Link Road to M25 northbound, and junction 30.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 10 April at 10pm and will be in force for three nights between the hours 10pm and 6am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.