Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 154, 2022
A13 westbound, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along the A13 westbound between Orsett Cock Interchange and Stifford Interchange
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable National Highways to carry out extensive maintenance on the carriageway as well as carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for westbound vehicles is Orsett Cock Interchange, A128 Brentwood Road, A127 westbound, junction 29 of the M25 and southbound on M25.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 10 October 2022 at 10pm and will be in force nightly between the hours of 10pm and 5:30am until Monday 24 October 2022 at 5:30am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.