Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 17. 2018
Afton Drive, South Ockendon
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to: -
Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Afton Drive, South Ockendon at the junction with Daiglen Drive, South Ockendon.
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable carriageway resurfacing and dedicated cycle lane layout on adjoining road.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is via Afton Drive, Alwen Grove, Annalee Road and Daiglen Drive and for southbound vehicles via Afton Drive, Broxburn Drive and Daiglen Drive. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses at all times.
4) The Order will come into force on Wednesday 17 January 2018 until Saturday 20 January 2018 between 20:00hrs and 05:00hrs. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.