Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 106, 2022
Arterial Road eastbound, West Thurrock
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle travelling along A1306 Arterial Road Eastbound between Arterial Road Roundabout at Junction 31 and West Thurrock Way roundabout
- prohibit any vehicle from exiting the roundabout to Thurrock MOTO services
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles is Junction 31. Link Road from A1306 to M25(N), Mardyke Interchange (Junction 30), A13 eastbound, Stifford Interchange, Link Road from Stifford Interchange to Treacle Mine roundabout, Treacle Mine roundabout, Arterial Road North Stifford (A1306). The alternative route for access to MOTO services will be A1306 Arterial Road westbound, Link Road from A1306 to M25(N), Mardyke Interchange (Junction 30), exit for M25(S)/Services, slip road towards Purfleet/Services, entrance to Services.
4) The Order will come into force on Wednesday 20 July 2022 and will be in force nightly between the hours of 10pm and 5am for 3 nights. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.