Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 055, 2023
Arterial Road, North Stifford
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle travelling eastbound along Arterial Road between its junctions with Clockhouse Lane and Treacle Mine roundabout
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route will be Arterial Road westbound, Arterial Road (West Thurrock), Arterial Road roundabout, Link Road to M25 north, Mar Dyke Interchange (Junction 30), A13 eastbound, exit slip road towards Grays, Stifford Interchange, and A1012 link road to Treacle Mine roundabout. Access will be maintained for the Harvester using three way lights.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 3 April 2023 at 9pm and will be in force nightly for four nights between the hours of 9pm and 5am until Friday 7 April at 5am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.