Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 136, 2021
Arterial Road, Purfleet-on-Thames
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along Arterial Road between its junctions with Arterial Road Roundabout and Tank Hill Road
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for southeast bound vehicles is London Road, A13 eastbound, Junction 30, Link Road from A13 southbound to A1306, Arterial Road westbound and vice versa for northwest bound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
4) The Order will come into force on 3 February 2022 at 9pm and will be in force each night for 2 nights between the hours of 9pm and 5am, finishing at 5am on 5 February 2022. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.