Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 033, 2022
Arterial Road, West Thurrock
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle travelling along Arterial Road between the Pilgrims Lane/Burghley Road roundabout and the A1306 Spiral Roundabout for Lakeside
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out maintenance to the bridge and carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles is Arterial Road westbound (A1306), Motorway Services Roundabout, Junction 31, Link Road from A1306 to M25(N), Junction 30, A13 eastbound, Stifford Interchange, Link Road from Stifford Interchange to Treacle Mine roundabout, Treacle Mine roundabout, Arterial Road North Stifford (A1306) and vice versa for westbound vehicles.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 21 March 2022 at 9pm until Saturday 26 March 2022 at 5am, the order will be in force nightly between the hours of 9pm and 5am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.