Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 083, 2019
Aveley Bypass, Aveley
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Aveley Bypass in both directions for approximately 50metres from Romford Road roundabout.
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for eastbound Sandy Lane, A1306 eastbound, Upminster Road, Warwick Lane, Aveley Road, Harwood Hall Lane, Ockendon Road, B186 (North Road), West Road, Arisdale Avenue, Daiglen Drive, Stifford Road, Aveley Bypass and vice versa for westbound vehicles.
4) The Order will come into force on Friday 9 August between the hours of 09:30 and 15:30. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.