Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 29, 2018
B188 Conways Road, Orsett
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along B188 Conways Road from Cherry Orchard Farm northbound for a distance of approximately 200m.
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable carriageway resurfacing to be carried out.
3) The alternative route for vehicles travelling northbound will be via Princes Charles Avenue, A128 Brentwood Road, Conways Road and vice versa for vehicles travelling southbound. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses at all times.
4) The Order will come into force between 09:30hrs and 15:30hrs on Tuesday 3 April 2018. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.