Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 102, 2022
Baker Street, Orsett
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle travelling along Baker Street between its junctions with Stifford Clays Road and Stanford Road (A1013)
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for southbound vehicles is Stifford Clays Road, A1012, Treacle Mine Roundabout, Lodge Lane (A1013), Daneholes Roundabout, A1013 Stanford Road and vice versa for northbound vehicles. Access will be maintained to Baker Street and Woolings Close via the use of Gatemen.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 11 July 2022 and will be in force daily for 2 days, between the hours of 10am and 5pm on Monday 11 July 2022 and 8am and 5pm on Tuesday 12 July 2022. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.