Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 36, 2018
Botany Way, Purfleet
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Botany Way from Meads roundabout and Junction with Tank Lane
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to install Traffic Signals and Waterproofing to the Bridge
3) The alternative route for Southbound Vehicles is Purfleet By-Pass, London Road, and for Northbound Vehicles is London Road, Purfleet By-Pass. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses at all times.
4) The Order will come into force on Tuesday 17 April 2018 through to Wednesday 23 May between the times of 21:00hrs to 05:00hrs. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.