Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 029, 2023
Brennan Road, Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- temporarily revoke the 7.5tn weight restriction on Brennan Road
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable National Highways to carry out urgent repairs to the carriageway on their network on the A1089 and utilise Brennan Road as part of the diversion.
4) The alternative route for National Highways Closure on A1089 (St Andrews Road) northbound will be Ferry Road, Fort Road, Brennan Road, Feenan Highway, St Chads Road, Marshfoot Road, A1089.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Monday 23 January 2023 at 11pm. The notice will be valid for 21 days but is expected to be completed by 5am on Tuesday 24 January 2023. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.