Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Prohibition of Waiting of Heavy Commercial Vehicles
Notice is hereby given that Thurrock Borough Council, in exercise of the powers conferred by sections 1, 2, 4 and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (“the 1984 Act”) and of all other enabling powers and after consultation with the Chief Officer of Police in accordance with Part III of Schedule 9 to the1984 Act, intends to make the above named Order ("the Proposed Order").
1) The general effect of the order will be to introduce a prohibition of waiting of Heavy Commercial Vehicles at any time in those lengths of road specified in the Schedule to the Order (removing any existing 'prohibition of waiting loading and unloading' restrictions.
2) In the Proposed Order "Heavy Commercial Vehicle" has the same meaning as given in section 138(1) of the Act of 1984 as any goods vehicle which has an operating weight exceeding 7.5 tonnes. This is the maximum laden weight of a vehicle not drawing a trailer, an articulated vehicle or the aggregated laden weight of a vehicle drawing one or more trailers.
3) Except as provided in Article 3, no Heavy Commercial Vehicle shall wait at any time in those lengths of road specified in the Schedule to this Order.
4) Nothing in Article 2 shall apply in respect of a vehicle:
a) if the vehicle is being used for fire brigade, ambulance or police operational purposes
b) if the vehicle is being used in connection with maintenance, improvement or reconstruction of the area of road specified in the Schedule to this Order or the laying erection or alteration or repair in or near the said area of road of any main, pipe or apparatus for the supply of gas, water or electricity or of any telecommunications apparatus as defined in Section 4(3) of the Telecommunications Act 1984
c) waiting with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform
d) carrying out local duties for the council – for example, refuse collection
e) waiting so as to avoid an accident
f) waiting to allow a person to get or give help in consequence of an accident or emergency or otherwise take action for public safety
g) waiting to such an extent and for such a time as needed to comply with a requirement resulting from works or an emergency in any part of the road
h) waiting in connection with the removal of any obstruction of traffic
i) waiting for goods to be loaded or unloaded from the vehicle
5) A copy of the Proposed Order together with the plans will be available for inspection for a period of 21 days at the Civic Offices, New Road, Grays, RM17 6SL, during normal office hours and also on Thurrock Council's website, thurrock.gov.uk/publicnotices
6) Any objection to the Proposed Order must be made in writing, giving the grounds on which it is made, and sent to the address in paragraph (5) or sent via email to email@example.com to arrive on or before 11 October 2018. Any objection may be communicated to other persons who may be affected.