Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 019, 2022
Brentwood Road (A128), Orsett
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Brentwood Road between its junctions with Orsett Road and Conways Road
- prohibit any vehicle from exiting Prince Charles Avenue onto Brentwood Road (A128)
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is A13 eastbound, A176, A127 westbound, and A128 (Tilbury Road) and vice versa for southbound vehicles. The alternative route for vehicles wishing to exit onto Brentwood Road from Prince Charles Avenue will be Conways Road, Brentwood Road northbound (A128), and then following the diversion signs for the main diversion above. Access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 14 March 2022 at 9pm for one night until 5am on Tuesday 15 March 2022. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.