Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 09, 2018
Brentwood Road, Chadwell St Mary
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Brentwood Road between Claudian Way and Defoe Parade junctions.
2) The purpose of the Order is to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) a) The alternative route for southbound vehicles is via Brentwood Road, Longhouse Road, Claudian Way, Waterson Road, Linford Road, Cross Keys junction and vice versa for northbound vehicles. b) The alternative route for southbound vehicles exiting Heath Road will be via Heath Road, Cedar Road, Godman Road, Sleepers Farm Road, Brentwood Road, Longhouse Road, Claudian Way, Waterson Road and Linford Road. For northbound vehicles exiting Heath Road will be via Heath Road, Cedar Road, Godman Road, Sleepers Farm Road and Brentwood Road. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses at all times.
4) The Order will come into force on two consecutive Sundays, on Sunday 4 February 2018 and Sunday 11 February 2018 between 08:00hrs and 18:00hrs. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.