Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 088, 2020
Brentwood Road, Chadwell St Mary
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Brentwood Road between its junctions with Sleepers Farm Road and Orsett Cock Roundabout
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out Carriageway patching prior to carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is Brentwood Road, Chadwell Hill, Marshfoot, A1089 northbound, A13 eastbound, Orsett Cock Roundabout, and for southbound vehicles the alternative route is Orsett Cock Roundabout, A13 westbound, A1089 southbound, Marshfoot slip road, Marshfoot, Chadwell Hill, Brentwood Road. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses at all times.
4) The Order will come into force on Sunday 2 August 2020 between the hours of 8am and 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the scheduled times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.