Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 030, 2022
Brentwood Road, Defoe Parade, Nevell Road and Longhouse Road, Chadwell St Mary
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Brentwood Road between its junctions with Heath Road and Sleepers Farm Road
- prohibit any vehicle from exiting and entering the following roads at its junctions with Brentwood Road:
- Longhouse Road
- Nevell Road
- Defoe Parade
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles on Brentwood Road is Chadwell Hill, Marshfoot Road (A126), Dock Approach Road (A1089), A13 eastbound, Orsett Cock Interchange and Brentwood Road, and vice versa for southbound vehicles on Brentwood Road.
The alternative route for vehicles in Longhouse Road is Claudian Way and onto main diversion.
The alternative route for vehicles in Nevell Road is Godman Road, Cedar Road and Heath Road and then onto main diversion.
The alternative route for non-resident access to Defoe Parade is Claudian Way and Longhouse Road.
Access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Sunday 20 February 2022 and Sunday 27 February 2022 between the hours of 8am and 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.