Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 33, 2108
Bridge Road, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to: -
Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Bridge Road, between the junctions of Grove Road and New Road, Grays.
2) The purpose of the Order is to install the signalisation on the width restriction.
3) The alternative route for vehicles travelling Northbound will be via Bridge Road, Argent Street, B189 Sherfield Road, Derby Road, A126 Orsett Road, Stanley Road, Clarence Road, A126 Bridge Road and for vehicles travelling southbound will be via Clarence Road, B189 Sherfield Road, Argent Street, Bridge Road. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses at all times.
4) The Order will come into force between 09:30 and 15:30 on Monday 5 March 2018 until Saturday 31 March 2018. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.