Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 058, 2020
Bridge Road, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit traffic from travelling along Bridge Road in both directions from its junction with Prospect Place for approximately 30m in a southerly direction
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable UKPN to carry out urgent repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is Argent Street, Sherfield Road, Derby Road Bridge, Derby Road, Orsett Road, Stanley Road, Clarence Road, Bridge Road, and southbound vehicles is Bridge Road, Clarence Road, Sherfield Road and Argent Street.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Tuesday 19 May 2020. It is expected the works will be complete by Monday 25 May 2020, however this notice will remain in force for 21 days. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.