Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 051, 2020
Buckingham Hill Road, Linford
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling southbound along Buckingham Hill Road between its junction with Waltons Hall Road/Northumberland Road and A1013 Stanford Road
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling northbound along Waltons Hall Road from its junctions with Buckingham Hill Road and Butts Lane
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling northbound along Butts Lane from its junctions with Waltons Hall Road and St Andrews Way roundabout
- temporarily revoke the 7.5t weight restriction on London Road and Butts Lane in order to facilitate the diversion route for all vehicle classes
3) The purpose of the Order is to enable the safe management of traffic when the Household Waste and Recycling Centre reopens.
4) The alternative route for those wishing to travel southbound on Buckingham Hill Road will be London Road, Butts Lane, Waltons Hall Road, and for vehicles wishing to travel northbound along Waltons Hall Road, from Buckingham Hill Road will be to use Buckingham Hill Road and Stanford Road, for vehicles wishing to travel northbound on Butts Lane from Mucking Wharf Road will be southbound on Waltons Hall Road, Buckingham Hill Road, Stanford Road and London Road. The HWRC site will remain open and accessible from the southern (Linford) side of the site.
5) The Notice will be in force for 21 days from 7:30am on Monday 18 May 2020, between the hours of 7:30am and 5:30pm, Monday to Sunday inclusive, however when the A13 is closed under Order 99 2019 Buckingham Hill Road will be closed in accordance with the times on that Order. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.