Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 041, 2021
Buckingham Hill Road, Linford
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Buckingham Hill Road between Stanford Road and Hoford Road
2) The Purpose of Order is for reasons of safety and to reduce the risk of congestion during construction works on the A13.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles will be East Tilbury Road, Muckingford Road, Linford Road, Chadwell Hill, Marshfoot Road, A1089, A13, Orsett Cock, A1013 Stanford Road and vice versa for southbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents at all times. The Household Waste and Recycling Centre site will remain open as usual, accessible from the south side of the entrance.
4) The Order will come into force at various times starting from Friday 12 March 2021 and on any subsequent weekend when the A13 is closed. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.