Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 062, 2020
Buckingham Hill Road, Waltons Hall Road, Butts Lane, Stanford-le-Hope
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling southbound along Buckingham Hill Road between its junction with Waltons Hall Road/Northumberland Road and A1013 Stanford Road
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling northbound along Waltons Hall Road from its junctions with Buckingham Hill Road and Butts Lane
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling northbound along Butts Lane from its junctions with Waltons Hall Road and St Andrews Way roundabout
- temporarily revoke the 7.5t weight restriction on London Road and Butts Lane in order to facilitate the diversion route for all vehicle classes
2) The purpose of the Order is to facilitate the safe management of traffic in the vicinity of the Household Waste and Recycling Centre (HWRC).
3) The alternative route for those wishing to travel southbound on Buckingham Hill Road will be London Road, Butts Lane, Waltons Hall Road, and for vehicles wishing to travel northbound along Waltons Hall Road, from Buckingham Hill Road will be to use Buckingham Hill Road and Stanford Road, for vehicles wishing to travel northbound on Butts Lane from Mucking Wharf Road will be southbound on Waltons Hall Road, Buckingham Hill Road, Stanford Road and London Road. The HWRC site will remain open and accessible from the southern (Linford) side of the site.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 8 June 2020, between the hours of 7:30am and 5:30pm, Monday to Sunday inclusive, however when the A13 is closed under Order 99 2019, Buckingham Hill Road will be closed in accordance with the times on that Order. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the restriction will be in place for up to four weeks, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the restrictions are no longer required, whichever the sooner is.
6) If the restrictions are required for longer than 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.