Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 113, 2018
Byway 98, Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
Prohibit the use of Byway 98, Tilbury.
2) The purpose of the Order is for the Environment agency to carry out intrusive investigatory works to the flood defence at Tilbury Fort frontage.
3) The alternative route for pedestrians will be starting at Footpath 146, the public right of way adjacent to The Worlds End Inn and will head north until FP 146 heads east along Fort Road, then North, take the Easterly junction and stay on FP 146 and head South Easterly between the water Treatment works and Tilbury Fort and continue to follow FP 146 down towards the foreshore and along the frontage.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 5 November 2018 at 09:00hrs until Monday 25 February 2019 at 17:00. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.