Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 099, 2021
Byway 98, Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit the use of Byway 98, Tilbury, between Fort Road and the access road to Tilbury Fort
2) The purpose of the Order is to allow the Environment Agency to carry out intrusive investigatory works to the flood defence at Tilbury Fort frontage.
3) The alternative route for pedestrians will be to use Footpath 193, the Public Right of Way along the sea wall starting at Fort Road and will head east along this footpath which leads down to the Worlds End Public House.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 5 July 2021 at 9am until Monday 2 August 2021 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 6 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.