Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 034, 2022
Chadwell Road, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle travelling along Chadwell Road between the mini roundabout at the slip road on to Dock Approach Road and its easternmost signalised junction with Woodview
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out maintenance to the bridge expansion joints and carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for westbound vehicles will be Chadwell Bypass (B149), Marshfoot Road, Old Dock Approach Road, Woodview, Daneholes roundabout, Lodge Lane, Southend Road and for eastbound vehicles will be Southend Road, Lodge Lane, Daneholes roundabout, Woodview. Access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 28 March 2022 at 9pm and will be in force nightly between the hours of 9pm and 5am until Saturday 2 April 2022 at 5am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.