Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 037, 2020
Childerditch Lane, Horndon
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibition of vehicular traffic in Childerditch Lane, from its junction with St Marys Lane for approximately 127m northwards
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable Cadent Gas to carry out urgent repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is Station road, A128 Tilbury Road, A127, and Childerditch Lane and for southbound vehicles B186 and St Marys lane. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
5) The Notice will be in force for 21 days from 2pm on Tuesday 14 April 2020, although it will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016. It is anticipated that the works will be completed by Wednesday 22 April 2020.