Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 093, 2022
Church lane, Bulphan
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along Church Lane between its junctions with Elms Lane and Parkers Farm Road – approximately 230m south from Elms Lane
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable a UKPN to carry out tree trimming.
3) The Order will come into force on Monday 4 July 2022 between the hours of 9:30am and 3:30pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
4) The alternative route for northbound vehicles will be Conways Road, Brentwood Road (A128), Bulphan Bypass, Church Road and Church Lane and vice versa for southbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.