Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 20, 2018
Churchill Road, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Churchill Road between Clover Court and the south end of Churchill Road.
2) The purpose of the Order is for excavation onto existing rising main to carry out a condition survey.
3) There will be no alternative route as this is a no through road at the closure point. Access will be maintained for residents at all times.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 19 February 2018 until Friday 9 March 2018. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.