Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 066, 2022
Cooper Shaw Road, West Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Cooper Shaw Road between its junctions with Church Road and Gun Hill
- temporarily revoke the 7.5tn weight limit on Station Road
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable BT to carry out urgent works to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for westbound vehicles Church Road, Station Road, Princess Margaret Road, Muckingford Road, Linford Road, Chadwell Hill, Marshfoot Road, A1089, St. Andrew's Road, Ferry Road and Fort Road and vice versa for eastbound vehicles. Access will be maintained to businesses via the diversion.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Wednesday 23 March 2022 and will remain in force continuously until Saturday 26 March at 5pm, however this notice is valid for 21 days. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.