Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 34, 2018
Crown Road, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Crown Road, Grays between the entrance to Crown Road Car Park and Grays Shopping Centre Car Park delivery entrance.
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable an inspection of Derby Road Bridge to be carried out.
3) The alternative route for Eastbound vehicles is via Crown Road; Maidstone Road; London Road; Eastern Way; A126 London Road; Orsett Road and Stanley Road. For Westbound vehicles via Stanley Road; Clarence Road; Derby Road; Orsett Road; A126 London Road; Eastern Way; Maidstone Road; Crown Road. Access will be maintained for the last bus to pass through at 00:15hrs and car park entrances will be closed from 20:00hrs
4) The Order will come into force on Tuesday 13 March 2018 until Wednesday 14 March 2018 between 20:00hrs and 04:00hrs. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.