Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 27, 2018
Dennis Road, South Ockendon
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Dennis Road and West Road from Kemps Farm to Arisdale Avenue, South Ockendon.
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable carriageway resurfacing works to be carried out.
3) The alternative route for vehicles travelling westbound will be via Arisdale Avenue, Daiglen Drive, B1335 Stifford Road, Aveley By-Pass, Romford Road Aveley Road, Bramble Lane, Dennises Lane and vice versa for vehicles travelling eastbound. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses at all times.
4) The Order will come into force between 09:30hrs and 15.30hrs on Wednesday 28 March 2018. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.