Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 010, 2020
Dennis Road, South Ockendon
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
Prohibition of vehicular traffic in Dennis Road from its junction with West Road for approximately 70 metres in a northerly direction.
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable Openreach engineers to carry out urgent cabling works in order to restore a customer’s supply.
4) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is Dennis Road, Dennises Lane, Bramble Lane, Aveley Road, Romford Road, Romford Road Roundabout, Aveley Bypass, Stifford Road, Daiglen Drive, and Arisdale Avenue, West Road and vice versa for southbound vehicles.
5) The Notice will be in force for 21 days from 9:30am on Thursday 6 February 2020, although it will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016. It is anticipated that the works will be completed within the one day.