Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 132, 2021
Dock Road, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along Dock Road (A126) between its junction with Old Dock Approach Road and Rectory Road
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for westbound vehicles is Old Dock Approach Road, Wood View, Daneholes Roundabout, Lodge Lane, Southend Road, Palmers Avenue, Orsett Road, Stanley Road, Clarence Road, Bridge Road and East Thurrock Road. The eastbound diversion is East Thurrock Road, Bridge Road, Clarence Road, Stanley Road, Orsett Road, Palmers Avenue, Southend Road, Lodge Lane, Daneholes Roundabout, Wood View, Old Dock Approach Road and Marshfoot Road Spur. The works will be carried out in two stages in order to maintain access for residents and businesses.
4) The Order will come into force on Saturday 29 January 2022 at 8am. The closure will be in force daily between the hours of 8am and 5pm until Sunday 30 January 2022. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.