Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 065, 2019
Drake Road and Fenton Road, Chafford Hundred
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
a) Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Drake Road from its junction with Fenton Road roundabout to outside "The Moorings".
b) Prohibit any vehicle from entering or exiting Fenton Road Roundabout from and to Drake Road.
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable resurfacing of the carriageway to be carried out by Thurrock Council.
3) a) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles is Drake Road, Clockhouse Lane, Warren Lane, Rainbow Road, Grifon Road, Gilbert Road, Burghley Road, Arterial Road, Treacle Mine Roundabout, Elizabeth Road, Devonshire Road and Drake Road and vice versa for westbound vehicles.
b) The alternative route for vehicles wishing to enter or exit Fenton Road from Drake Road will be via Cumberland Road.
4) The Order will come into force on Sunday 16 June 2019 between the hours of 09:30 and 15:30. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.