Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 002, 2022
Dunstable Road, Stanford-le-Hope
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Dunstable Road from its junction with First Avenue and its northern junction with Boyce Road
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable BT to carry out maintenance to their apparatus.
3) The alternative route for westbound vehicles is First Avenue, Southend Road, and Dunstable Road roundabout and vice versa for eastbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 24 January 2022 at 9:30am for one day until 3:30pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.