Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 023, 2020
East Tilbury level crossing, Princess Margaret Road
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Princess Margaret Road, East Tilbury for 10m either side of the level crossing as per schedule below
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Network Rail to carry out level crossing maintenance.
3) The alternative route for southbound vehicles is Muckingford Road, Turnpike Lane, Rectory Road, Church Road, Station Road, Princess Margaret Road and vice versa for northbound vehicles.
4) The Order will come into force on various dates as per schedule 1 below. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the scheduled times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.
- Sunday 5 April 2020 between the hours of 12:01am and 7am
- Sunday 12 April 2020 at 12:01am to Tuesday 14 April 2020 at 6am
- Sunday 19 April 2020 at 12:01am to Monday 20 April at 4am
- Sunday 31 May 2020 between the hours of 12:01am and 7am