Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 086, 2022
East Tilbury Level Crossing, Princess Margaret Road
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Princess Margaret Road, East Tilbury for 10m either side of the level crossing
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Network Rail to carry out level crossing maintenance.
3) The alternative route for southbound vehicles is Muckingford Road, Linford Road, Chadwell Hill, Marshfoot Road, Marshfoot Road, A1089, Ferry Road, St Andrews Road, New Infrastructure Road, Fort Road, Cooper Shaw Road and Church Road and Station Road and vice versa for northbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for pedestrians but will be escorted across and may have to wait 15 minutes.
4) The Order will come into force on Sunday 10 July 2022 at 1am. The order will be in force continuously until Monday 11 July 2022 at 5am and then again on Sunday 7 August 2022 at 1am continuously until Monday 8 August at 5am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the scheduled times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.