Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 23, 2018
Emergency Closure of East Street, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
Prohibit any vehicle from exiting and entering East Street from London Road, Grays.
2) The purpose of the Order is for emergency gas works to be carried out.
3) The alternative route for vehicles is via Gumley Road. Access will be maintained for residents at all times.
4) The Order will come into force at 08:00am on Thursday 11 January 2018. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 21 days or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.