Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 069, 2019
Exmouth Road and Argent Street, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from turning left onto Argent Street from Exmouth Road
- prohibit any vehicle from turning right into Exmouth Road from Argent Street
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Public Sewer Service to carry out sewer works.
3) The alternative route for vehicles wishing to turn left onto Argent street will be to turn right out of Exmouth Road travelling west along Argent Street down to the roundabout to travel east on Argent Street and for vehicles wishing to turn right into Exmouth Road, will be to continue on Argent Street down to the roundabout, back on Argent Street to turn left into Exmouth Road. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses at all times.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 17 June 2019 at 09:00hrs until Friday 28 June 2019 at 17:00hrs. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.