Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 026, 2021
Fairfax Road, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along Fairfax Road between its junctions with Dell Road and Hathaway Road
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable Cadent Gas to carry out urgent repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for westbound vehicles is Dell Road, Hampden Road and Hathaway Road.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately, 28 January 2021 and will be valid for 21 days, however it is anticipated that the works will be completed by the end of 5 February 2021. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.