Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 173, 2021
Feenan Highway, Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Feenan Highway between its junctions with Gainsborough Avenue and Handel Crescent
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for southbound vehicles is St Chads Road, Calcutta Road, Civic Square and Brennan Road and vice versa for northbound vehicles. Vehicles wishing to exit Raphael Avenue will exit onto St Chads Road. Access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 17 January 2022 at 8am. The closure will be in force daily between the hours of 8am and 5pm until Wednesday 29 January 2022. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.