Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 030, 2020
Ferry Road, Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Ferry Road from its entrance to the Hairpin Bridge for a distance of approximately 115m in a south easterly direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for northwest vehicles is Fort Road, Brennan Road, Calcutta Road, Dock Road (Tilbury), Asda Roundabout and St Andrews Road and vice versa for southeast vehicles.
4) The Order will come into force on Wednesday 22 April 2020 for 3 nights between the hours of 8pm and 5am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the scheduled times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.